If you really want the lowest term life insurance rates, you’ve come to the right place. I’ll take you through a few simple steps that will guarantee you the lowest rates possible.
You will not have to do much if what you want is just the lowest rate for your current profile. However, if what you want is the lowest rate possible, then you may have to make some adjustments in your life style. I’ll start with those that require a bigger adjustment:
1) Reduce your weight if you’re overweight.
2) Quit smoking for at least 13 months and then reapply. You’ll get lower term life insurance rates.
3) Quit dangerous sports if you participate in them.
4) Change to another job if your current job exposes you to hazards.
5) Get term life insurance quotes from reputable insurance quotes sites. You can save several hundreds or even a few thousand dollars by simply receiving quotes from about three quotes sites. All you’ll have to do is pick the lowest rate from quotes returned.
Visiting at least three quotes sites raise the chances that you would realize more savings. The plain logic in this is that you’ll get many more quotes from many more insurers. This increases your chances of receiving better quotes.
Take some time out to check out the insurance company you intend to settle for. You don’t want to get hooked with an insurer who will compromise you. Know their ratings using different independent research companies and your state’s department of insurance (This becomes almost unnecessary if you are sure you got your quotes from a reputable insurance quotes site).
And again, when you finally get your lowest term life insurance rates and decide to switch to another insurer (for those who already have a term life policy), make sure you do not terminate your contract with your current insurer until the new policy is fully operational. This is because if you do that and something happens within the switching period you’ll be without any life insurance policy.